Old Watch Factory. This building was part of the Rockford School District from 1917 until 1952. It served as an administration building and as classrooms as needed. In 1952 W. F. and John Barnes Company bought the Watch Factory and the 1906 building. They demolished the third floor auditorium and changed the facade of the high school building.
Historical people, places and events resurface into today's world more often than we realize. We don't catch all of them by any means, but here are a few.